BSc, MBBS, FRCOphth, PGDip, CertLRS
Dr Kunal Gadhvi
An experienced consultant ophthalmic surgeon specialising in cornea, laser vision correction and cataract surgery, Mr Kunal Gadhvi [pron: Gad-vee] co-leads St Paul’s Laser Vision.
Mr Gadhvi is passionate about blending safety and patient-centred care with cutting-edge techniques in surgery. He takes pride in empowering and supporting patients in his care, through a personalised approach.
Kunal Gadhvi is a fully accredited laser and refractive surgeon, with a post-graduate diploma (PGDip) in laser refractive and cataract surgery. He introduced laser-assisted corneal transplantation and laser cross-linking to the Royal, making it one of a few centres in the UK delivering these innovative treatments. This ensures that his patients benefit from the latest advancements in vision correction and care.
A graduate of Imperial College London where he qualified with distinction, Mr Gadhvi completed his surgical training over 10 years, which included 5 years at Moorfields Eye Hospital London, the largest specialist eye centre in Europe.
Mr Gadhvi is an Honorary Research Fellow at the University of Liverpool, where he seeks to inspire the next generation of ophthalmologists. His research has yielded over 30 publications focusing on corneal innovations. He frequently engages with audiences as an invited lecturer, most recently in Switzerland, and is part of a clinical working group aiming to shape best corneal practice across the UK.
In his spare time, he enjoys supporting Liverpool FC, reading and spending time outdoors.
- Laser vision correction
- Refractive lens exchange, including multifocal/trifocallens implants
- Femtosecond laser-assisted cataract surgery
- Simple and complex cataract surgery
- Management of keratoconus
- Management of dry eyes and blepharitis
- Management of corneal dystrophies
- Corneal transplants
- Complex excimer laser surgery for irregular corneas
- BSc (Hons) (Imperial College London)
- MBBS (with distinction) (Imperial College London)
- FRCOphth (Fellow of the Royal College of Ophthalmologists)
- Certificate of Completion of Training in Ophthalmology
- PGDip in Cataract and Laser Refractive Surgery (Ulster University)
- CertLRS (Certificate in Laser Refractive Surgery, from Royal College of Ophthalmologists)
- The Royal College of Ophthalmologists
- European Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery
- The GMC Specialist Register in Ophthalmology
Degrees, Qualifications and Professional Memberships
BSc (Hons) (Imperial College London)
MBBS (Dist.) (Imperial College London)
FRCOphth (Fellow of the Royal College of Ophthalmologists)
Certificate of Completion of Training in Ophthalmology (CCT)
PGDip Cataract and Laser Refractive Surgery (Ulster University)
CertLRS (Certificate in Laser Refractive Surgery)
The Royal College of Ophthalmologists
European Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery
The GMC Specialist Register in Ophthalmology